11.10.15

Hongkong Photo Diary 1

Almost a year ago, Jp and I went on an out of country trip together in Hongkong. Fast forward to this day, I have not completely sorted out our photos yet. I have yet to edit hundreds more or just leave them in my google drive to rot forever. When I decided to resurrect this blog, I edited about 30 photos which I think is enough to create about 2 posts.

Our trip was planned entirely on our own. We book our tickets online and book our hotel through Agoda. We did the common touristy things you have to do in HK but missed out on going to Disneyland only because both of us were not up to it.

So here are the throwback photos and I'll try my best to label each one of them to give you a little story.

This was the tram we rode going to Victoria's Peak on our first day. The Peak Tram experience will give you an optical illusion of tilted buildings on the way up. You have got to try it.

Once you're at the Peak, you will have a 360-degree view of the city. December 2014 is very memorable for me cos it's my first out of country trip with Jp.
We really planned on going there in the afternoon so we will have both the day view and the night view.

Hongkong is spectacular at night. It is also a concrete jungle. The lights you see from Victoria's Peak is amazing.

Of course, I have got to have a touristy shot.



Another touristy thing that we did was to go to Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade and the Avenue of Stars. We rode the early morning train at 6:30 and completed our little morning walk at around 9 am already.
These little resting pieces are really intended for sitting down and relaxing. I just don't know what they are called.

I love how there is Starbucks at the far end of the promenade where I can enjoy my coffee frappuccino on a chilly December morning. (Yes, I prefer cold coffee vs hot coffee)

Where to next?

This is one of my favorite shots where Jp was able to make the passing double-decker bus my background. Cheers to boyfriends who make it right (sometimes)! Haha ooppsss and one more, isn't it amazing that I look slimmer in this angle compared to all the other pics I have? Ok, I'm making this my most favorite picture now xx

Trivia: As of this writing, Jp has already lost about 50+ lbs from when this was taken. Note to self: Always maintain a fit physique. You will never know when that next travel photo will be taken :p (Or you can always hide it behind cool-looking sweatshirt like I did)

Obviously I took this photo. Not too bad. But his version was better because of the double-decker bus which happened to pass by.

I know I look like a poser but allow me just this once to try hard and give em that cmon-do-i-look-like-a-tourist-now face!




I know I have more photos of the Avenue of Stars walkway but I couldn't seem to find it. (Note to self: I need to catalogue my pictures as soon as possible.) I haven't been really telling you guys where to go and what to do in HK. You see, it's one of the most famous, let alone most common Asian destination so those who have been going back and forth in HK will surely have a better review and ideas on where and what to do. Or you can always scout the internet so your itinerary will better fit your kind of vacation.

Tata for now! More photos on the next post ♥♥


xo,

jas









No comments:

Post a Comment