7.10.15

Walk With Dinosaurs at WTC Abu Dhabi

I've been here in UAE for more than a month already. Although I found work before my first 1 month visa expired, I had to renew for another month as I'm waiting for my employment visa to come out. You see, my employment visa was processed during EID which was a long holiday so the processing time was extended. 

Anyway, just to pass time, I walk around our block everyday or do what most Emiratis do- go to the mall. One of my favorite malls here in Abu Dhabi so far is the World Trade Center. I like it cos it's only 3 bus stops away. Also, the interiors of the mall is made of wood. It's soo different from all the other malls one has ever been to. I swear, the ambiance and the feel of the WTC is just like that of a coffee shop. (Well, that's just me).


To give you a hint of what I'm talking about, here is one photo. It's hard to get lots of pictures though because Emiratis have this privacy rule wherein it's not cool for them to be in any of public photos. So just bear with less visuals for now. 




Anyway, whilst I was going through each of the shops today, I chanced upon the dinosaur display in the mall's lobby.






Apparently, as part of the mall's celebration for EID, these display of prehistoric animals were a number one hit for children and adults alike. It took a while for me to get a decent photo of the display as a lot of locals and expats were trying to get a picture just the same. 

To give you a little bit more of the same experience, here are 2 videos of the dinosaurs which gave some kids either a scare or amusement. 



So if you are in the area, drop by the World Trade Center Mall because these dinos will only be until October 8. Enjoy! :)


xo,

jas


No comments:

Post a Comment