28.12.16

TRAVEL DIARY: Jas X Osaka Part II

After going around food stalls and feeling the first vibe of Japan, I dragged Jp to the more upscale part of Osaka. Of all the people I know, I think Jp is really one of those who loves to go up a high building and get a 360-degree view of the city. (Heck, we still do this in Cebu- Tops Busay!)

So there's no other place I brought him to other than the Umeda Sky Building. This 173-meter tall building is made up of 2 towers which are connected in the 39th Floor by the Floating Garden Observatory. This is one of the 2 attractions that we actually paid for to get in. For 1000 Y, you will be able to get the best viewing experience in one of the top 20 best buildings in the world.


From the train station, you need to walk for a little over 15 minutes. The area where Umeda Sky Building is very modern. You will be able to see lots of sky rise buildings.

Christmas lights everywhere.

Japan is widely Buddhists and Shintos, but you will truly feel the Christmas spirit by how they light up their public places.

Some famous girl being filmed and photograph.

When we reached the Umeda Sky Building, we were just in for a treat. There was a Christmas village set up. It was like Sugbo Mercado but in a more elaborate and fantastic kind of way. There was a lot of food and trinkets for sale. I wish I did not eat so much ramen in Dotonbori but oh well, I just went ahead and admire them with my eyes. 

Round and round goes the merry go round.

Christmas Trinkets

Beer stall

But of course, a giant christmas tree!

Another beer stall

Little me under the big christmas tree

While going around the christmas village, we almost forgot our real purpose in going to that area. When we finally went up the building, we rode the fastest elevator I have tried in my entire life, It was so fast, I forgot to take a video of the transition from one floor to another. 

Upon reaching the 38th floor, we rode a really long escalator going up to the observatory.



That's the 2 towers connected by the "donut" floor.

Aaaaaand that my friends are the different views and angles that we came up for!

Look how the traffic is freely moving on that lane in the left side.

Aughhh! I could stare at this the whole night!



Part of the observatory garden is an area where you can put love locks. 




Tip: To be able make most of your experience. It would be best to go up in the afternoon so you can both have a feel of the daylight and night time. Also, I've read that there is a stunning sunset you can always catch if you're there during the golden hour. I'm a little sad to have missed that.  

Also, if you plan on staying til night, make sure to have cover ups ready as it's very chilly up there. I hope you like this installment. 

P.S. I'm bad with night photography, one of my goals for 2017 is to learn how to use the night mode of my point and shoot camera (:

Part 3 is coming! <3 p="">

x O x O,
jb





No comments:

Post a Comment