31.12.16

TRAVEL DIARY: Jas X Osaka Part III

Our 2nd day in Japan happens to be our last day in Osaka. I know there's a lot more to see and eat in Osaka alone but we also wanted to see the other places in the Kansai region. Before we headed off to Kyoto, we visited this one famous tourist spot in Osaka...

The breathtaking site that is The Osaka Castle

The Osaka Castle was built by the ruler Toyotomi Hideyoshi who dominated Japan in the 16th century. Stories had it that thousands of people were asked to report daily to finish the construction of this 5-tiered, 9-story castle. It took only about 2 years to finish it considering how huge it turned out.

The castle is a 10-15 minute walk from the train station but very easy to find since you can see it's glory from afar.

I can hear my heart beating fast when I saw her from a distance.

I wouldn't really mind walking when the scenery is this amazing. There is just too many pretty corners and back drops in this place. I can easily categorize this place as one of my favorites. 

The weather in Osaka was about 13-14 degrees C. And Jp wasn't even wearing a coat. 

How can a "very urban" area incorporate so many trees? Japan is really something else.


This little pathway is love.

This river offers cruises which is another way of seeing Osaka.

Getting closer


 I think the travel time we chose is just perfect. These trees are my favorite kind backdrop.





This angle is your view when you're tired from walking and you just decide to chill for a bit in one of their benches in the castle area.

Hello Love!

One whole class of little Japanese kids waiting for their tour inside the castle.

Matcha Green Tea Soft Ice Cream. Gaaaaaaah! (So there's a whole lot of food stall in the castle grounds -- it's like a tourist spot on it's own. And being the bad storyteller that I am, I got no pictures because I was busy going from one stall to another.)

A European couple offered to take our picture after I took a *reallyyyyy*** nice snap of them. Hahaha



One of the many artists I see around the castle grounds sketching a beautiful portrait of the castle.



Oh Japan, it's only my second day but my senses are already on a travel high. What a beautiful sight you are! Thanks for not letting me down. 2016 may have been a bitch but thanks to you, you still got me believing about the beautiful things this world has to offer.

x O x O, 
jb




No comments:

Post a Comment